Affiliates

Want to be an affiliate?
then speak to one of the admins

IE oe FireFox?

BiffTech
    The Bullet Magnet

IE oe FireFox?

Post  BiffTech on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 am

Ok, this question has been knocking around for some time for me. I often hear many members of other forums, singing the praise of FireFox over IE. In all honesty tho, for my part, I have never noticed an improvement of using FF over IE. My philosophy is, if aint broke, then don't fix it. To that end, IE has always served me fine. Unfortunately however, the last couple of days i've had a few issues connecting to AGU with IE, when FF wil connect me just fine. On the plus side, the widgets on here look a whole lot better, & the wmp plugin works... which means I can listen to my fave radio station without ever having to leave the page cheers . On the down side tho... The display of all fonts on FF is utter crap compared to IE. It just looks all jaggy & mis sized... Just wrong altogether scratch . It would appear that i'm stuck between the devil & the deep blue sea... I've tried playing with the zoom settings on FF, but as soon as one thing starts to look right, it's starts to kick somthing else into touch. If anyone reads this, is there anything else I can do to make FF work a bit better, & not give me a crappy appearing font? Cheers

Biff

Re: IE oe FireFox?

Post  Arky3000 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

ah biff of course mate, in FF...

tools > Options > Content > Fonts and colours

change the font entirely? Razz

Post  BiffTech on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 am

K... I settled on Google Chrome in the end. Seems to be a bit more stable then IE 7/8, & isn't as customisable as FF... but it's faster than both of them combined! lol

Oh... & since the advent of this screen i'm using, the font dosn't look all wonky either lol

Biff

Sickofguessing
    Inductee

Post  Sickofguessing on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:52 am

Yes Biff come to the google side of the browser, nice and neutral.! Well done on your awesome choice.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:57 am