All Gamed Up

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Gamed Up

FarCry2 Map Search

MapName:
Creator:

Affiliates

Want to be an affiliate?
then speak to one of the admins

2 posters

43" widescreen!

Arky3000
    Arky3000
    The Arkinator

43" widescreen! Empty 43" widescreen!

Post  Arky3000 Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 am

On Thursday, NEC officially announced its CRV43 monitor, a 43-inch curved display with a 32:10 aspect ratio and native resolution of 2880x900.

NEC says the display will be available in July with a street price of $8,000 (around £4,962). That's right, almost £5K for a single monitor. Not sold? Will never be sold? Are sold but won't have the money until you finally pull off that bank job you've been planning? Well, maybe the specs will sweeten the deal for you.

43" widescreen! 43superwide

The display's panel is made from, according to NEC, "four panels seamlessly blended" in a "unique adaptation of DLP technology." According to the company, this allows the panels to (collectively) post a super-fast response rate of 0.02 milliseconds, as well as low input lag.

Also, while most displays have a color depth of 6-bit or 8-bit, the CRV43 has a 12-bit color depth. This indicates that it should be capable of displaying more colors than a typical monitor. It also has an impressive color gamut that covers 100 percent of the sRGB color range and 99.3 percent of Adobe RGB range. A high color depth and wide color gamut means the display should satisfy most when it comes to color reproduction.

Rounding out the specs list is a 200 cd/m? brightness, 10,000:1 contrast ratio, HDMI and single link DVI connections, and at least one USB port.

Unless you're rollin' VIP big time, you're probably not sold. NEC says the display is designed to be used in applications like professional graphics, higher education, government, financial, command and control, and home office.

I don't see gaming in that list, but I'm sure that's what most of us are thinking, right? Seriously, what does Crysis or WoW look like running on this bad boy? Would Crysis even support a 2880x900 resolution? Hmmm, I'm sure MS Flight Simulator would.

Not that you can afford to buy it even if it they do look amazing, but sometimes it's nice to have lofty goals in life.
    Dynamic Echo
    Inductee

43" widescreen! Empty Re: 43" widescreen!

Post  Dynamic Echo Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 am

I would love to see Crysis running on that screen. I would also love to see Crysis running on high at 1680x1050 on my PC. Unfortunately, it ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:57 am