All Gamed Up

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Gamed Up

FarCry2 Map Search

MapName:
Creator:

Affiliates

Want to be an affiliate?
then speak to one of the admins

3 posters

The RTS Screensaver [WiP]

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

The RTS Screensaver [WiP] Empty The RTS Screensaver [WiP]

Post  Admin Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 am

tis is less than a work in progress, its still in the theory stages.

imagine a Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game, both sides being played by the computer, creating unique battle every time the screensaver loads.

Features (Subject to change)
    - Name Characters
    - Name Sides
    - Pause battle
    Dynamic Echo
    Inductee

The RTS Screensaver [WiP] Empty Re: The RTS Screensaver [WiP]

Post  Dynamic Echo Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:13 am

That will require one damn fine PC, but is an awesome idea nonetheless.
    Arky3000
    Arky3000
    The Arkinator

Post  Arky3000 Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:33 pm

ill probably give the option for people to specify how many on each team... also it would be most likely topview 2d so hopefully it wont be too bad lol
    Dynamic Echo
    Inductee

Post  Dynamic Echo Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:22 pm

If you are going to go to the trouble of making all of the sprites, AI, fx and game mechanics of an RTS game then ye might do well to make it into a playable game on in its own right. There are plenty of free games out there, but very few good ones, so if you apply your normal level of polish it may do quite well, which would be good for everyone. If you haven't seen it already then looking at The Battle for Wesnoth might be a good idea to see how to make some nice sprites, as well as how to make a functional 2D engine which doesn't lag like a bitch (believe me, a 2D engine is harder to make than it sounds, especially if you want collision systems and fancy stuff), and hey, it is a pretty good game to boot. On the sprite front, ye will have to consider how many angles you want for every animation. Too few and it'll look crap, too many and the file will be huge and it will take an age to make. Anyhoo, I wish you luck.
    Arky3000
    Arky3000
    The Arkinator

Post  Arky3000 Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:02 am

i shall be using a program called 'Game Editor' which is a very hefty/useful and great tool for those starting out with actual playable games (rather than other crap i made previously) the software is trial but that only limits u to making windows programs. more can b found at their site tho of course.

as for the angles of the sprites this program rotates them so u only need one sprite for all directions, thus making it slightly easier Smile

but anyways i wont bore u with more info lol

i spose i could make it into a game, but then , i dont think i could give it the sweet-tasting edge you expect from anything i create lol (reasonably new to this program even tho i've had it a while)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:11 am